I arrive in Auckland on my 18th day and have no set plans until my G Adventure trip starts the next day. Click here to see all the amazing details of this 24 day tour of both the North and South Islands. Some of the highlights will be:
- Snorkeling at Goat Island Marine Reserve
- Fishing, kayaking, swimming, target shooting, shell fish gathering, and dolphin spotting from out tour boat.
- Visiting and staying at an Eco Camp.
- Surf lessons.
- 1-Day Tongariro Crossing Trek
- Visiting New Zealand’s national museum.
- Visiting Abel Tasman National Park.
- Trek from Anchorage to Marahau.
- Visiting the Cape Fowlwind seal colony.
- Trek to Punakaiki Pancake Rocks.
- A glacier valley walk.
- Visiting waterfalls.
- An interpretive bush walk.
- Kayaking again.
- Walking tour of Hagley Park Downtown District of Christchurch.
And, these are just the included adventures. I also plan on taking advantage of some of the optional adventures, like:
- Visiting the historic town of Russle.
- Visiting the Waitomo (glow worm) Caves.
- Jet boating.
- Bungee jumping (if I get really brave).
- Mountain biking.
- A vineyard tour.
- Swimming with dolphins (YES!!!).
- A scenic flight.
- …and lots of day hikes.
For those that live in New Zealand or others that have visited, am I missing any “must see locations” or “must do activities”?