I’m starting my trip in Belize. Yes, I know…I’ve already been there twice in the last couple of years. But, I love Belize. Taking the first couple weeks of my trip to unwind from work in a place I’m comfortable sounded like a good idea. The bonus is that my best friend and my parents are meeting me there. I could not be more excited to share this country I love so much with them. I’m doing Belize a bit different this time around; we plan on spending the entire time on Caye Caulker. It’s a small island, but I think I’ve got some fun adventures in mind that will take us off the island from time to time.
- Over-night sailing trip to Rendezvous Caye and Tobacco Caye with a brief time in Placentia.
- Snorkeling Coral Gardens, Shark-Ray Alley, and Hol Chan.
- Day trip to San Pedro on Ambegris Caye.
- Kayaking and/or stand-up paddle boarding.
- Day trip to Chetchmul, Mexico (or maybe even stay over-night).
- Day trip to Lamani (a mayan ruin in the Orange Walk district).
- And, I’d love to take my dad deep sea fishing for his birthday.
As you can see…we won’t be getting bored.